Wednesday, October 7, 2009

heartbeat

ba-dum

Life, it is my own
hold within earthen hands
that spring forth young,
grow old and fall by the
way side.

ba-dum

Life, my choice
What I do where I go
what I say with whom
I stay, all the why's
of the wheres and whats
are mumbled and jumbled
to become mundane
as the air I breathe

ba-dum

Life, becomes heavy
and labors me, lashes
me to her sails rides me
mercilessly and I do not
blink because I think
Life is in my hands

ba-dum

Life, puddles and sunshine
blurred in meaningless when
days begin to walk the line
of sameness of starkness
of the great big WHY

ba-dum

Life, begins to become
lost in the sound of
another heartbeat
stronger Heartbeat
much bigger more comforting
than my own

ba-dum

Life, a Heartbeat
not my own but
something sown
into earthen hands
takes roots and knows
where to go

ba-dum

Life, a thumping in
my ears, Oh God,
pulsing in my veins
My God, I hear
Your heartbeat
in my own...

....BA-DUM

No comments: